Saturday, September 20, 2008

Blogger Kiyoshi Martinez to visit WIU on Monday

Kiyoshi Martinez, who produces the popular blog, AngryJournalist.com, will speak at Western Illinois University on Monday, September 22. Kiyoshi wrote the following about his upcoming visit on his AngryJournalist blog:

"On Monday, September 22, I’ll be visiting Western Illinois University to talk about this essay I wrote for the Center for Innovation in College Media blog:

'Journalism school graduates: How to increase your chance of finding a job and decrease your chance of having to vent on AngryJournalist.com'

Throughout the day I’ll be meeting with journalism students and faculty and at 3:00 p.m. I’ll be speaking at the Union Sandburg Theater.

I’m rather excited to be speaking to journalism students, as I was a student not long ago looking for a job. Currently, I’m polishing up my presentation, hoping that I don’t become one of those boring people with a PowerPoint.

At the same time, I’m soliciting advice from the crowd for journalism students at AngryJournalist.com, and if you have thoughts you’d like to contribute please do."

Check it out.